This is a very easy and flavorful side dish that will make you fall in love with green peas.
What You Need:
1 large onion, finely diced
16 oz. frozen peas, thawed
3 garlic cloves, crushed
1 cup fresh chopped parsley
5 tbsp olive oil
1 1/2 cup vegetable stock or water
1 tsp salt
1 tsp black pepper
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp ginger powder
1 tsp turmeric
1 tsp cayenne pepper (optional)
Pinch of saffron (optional)
What To Do:
1. Heat the olive oil in a tajine or a large shallow saucepan. Add the onions and the garlic, sautee for 1-2 minutes over medium heat.
2. Stir in the peas, half of the parsley, and cook for 5 minutes.
3. Add the vegetable stock or water, cover and let simmer over medium-high heat for 10 minutes or until tender.
4. When the mixture is thick (to your liking), break the eggs over it.
5. Reduce the heat and cook for 3 minutes or until eggs are cooked. Sprinkle with fresh chopped parsley. Serve in the pan with bread or rice.