Recipe courtesy of sousoukitchen
What you Need:
1 cup sugar
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup canola oil
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 cups all purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp ground spice mixture (fennel, anise, nutmeg)
3 cups finely shredded carrots
1 cup roasted and chopped nuts of your choice ( I used walnuts)
1 recipe Vanilla Cream Cheese Frosting (See Below)
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease and flour a baking pan ( I used a tube pan); set aside.
- In large bowl, mix together sugars, oil, vanilla extract, and eggs until well blended.
- In another bowl, mix flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and the other spices until combined.
- Add the dry mixture to the sugar and eggs mixture and mix well until you get a smooth consistency. Add carrots and nuts (save some for decorating). Mix until well combined.
- With rubber spatula, scrape batter into prepared pan.
- Bake 50 to 55 min or until a wooden pick inserted near center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan, turn out on wire rack. Spread with the Vanilla Cream Cheese frosting. And decorate with the remaining roasted nuts.
In a medium bowl, sir together 8 ounces cream cheese, softened; 1 tsp milk, 1 tsp vanilla extract, a dash of salt. Add 2 1/2 cups powdered sugar gradually to the mixture until smooth.